IF Statement Help

  1. #1

    IF Statement Help

    I am trying to set up a table in the #2 worksheet to get the data from the table in the #1 worksheet. I have it set up so that a user will enter data into #1 worksheet and it will automatically transfer to #2 worksheet.

    I have attached a Word document of what the tables look like. I need to get the data from #1 worksheet to transfer to #2 worksheet and not have blank rows in between. I also don't want to run a VB script that will delete blank rows because the users of the Excel document will be confused on how to run it.

    I set up an IF statement on the cells to transfer the data from #1 worksheet to #2 worksheet, but #2 worksheet looks exactly like #1. Does anybody know how I can get #1 worksheet to transfer over to #2 worksheet and look like how I have it set in the 2nd table in the attached document?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: IF Statement Help

    You can use Data>Filter>Advanced Filter, but this does not allow copying to
    another worksheet.

    AP

    "nickae77" <[email protected]> a écrit
    dans le message de
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: IF Statement Help

    Will you always have a block of 4 rows for each Part Number with a
    blank row between blocks, or could the number of rows per block vary?

    I would suggest that you copy the Part Number column to another sheet
    and then sort this column, so that the blanks drop to the bottom and
    you have a contiguous range of Part Numbers. This forms the basis of
    your second table. You could then use the MATCH( ) function to get the
    relative position (row) of a part number in the main table and use this
    within an INDEX( ) formula in order to return the first line of the
    Description, the Quantity, Unit Price and Sub-total columns - I would
    suggest that you put the columns in this order. These four formulae can
    then be copied down to complete the second table.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  4. #4
    mtsc
    Guest

    RE: IF Statement Help

    Use this formula .

    =Sheet1!D11 it means =(the name of your first sheet)!(cell you wish to copy
    to the next page).