How do I repeat labels in Excel for a pivot table field?

  1. #1
    sonya
    Guest

    How do I repeat labels in Excel for a pivot table field?

    I can't figure out how to show a label on a pivot table without hiding
    duplicates. For example, instead of the standard pivot summary:

    Part Number Work Center Qty
    ABC 1 20
    2 35
    XYZ 5 40
    8 20
    I want to see it like this with all information shown (nothing compressed):
    ABC 1 20
    ABC 2 20
    XYZ 5 40
    XYZ 8 20

  2. #2
    goofy11
    Guest

    RE: How do I repeat labels in Excel for a pivot table field?

    One option is to copy the entire pivot table, then paste the values and
    formatting into a new worksheet. Then highlight column A (part number).
    Use ctrl+G to get to the 'Go To' menu. Then select Special>Blanks to
    highlight all the blank cells. Now type "=" then press the up arrow. Then
    press ctrl+enter. This technique quickly gets the results of a pivot table
    into the format you're after.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    And another option is to add a helper column with a value like R001, R002 to Rnnn and display it the pivot table as the last field in ROW. Then you will get one row for every value in the underlying data up until you hit the max number that the pivot table will deal with (dont know that number)

    hide the column if you dont want to see/print it.

    regards..