formulas Conditional data

  1. #1
    Valerian
    Guest

    formulas Conditional data

    I am using a formula to determine time per unit produced and one of the
    pieces of data is based on the number of stations on the production line
    minus one (L2-1). What I need to do is have the condition set that if L2 is
    greater than K2 (quantity) use L2-1 if it is not greater than K2 then us L2.
    Can anyone help me?

    If there is anyone using formulas to produce production data in a
    manufacturing environment, any information you have would be most helpful.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    Try this formula

    =L2-(L2>K2)

  3. #3
    Valerian
    Guest

    re: formulas Conditional data

    =M2/(K2+(L2-1))
    the above is the current formula I am using so what you are saying is I can
    do this...
    =M2/(K2+(=IF(L2>K2,L2-1,L2)))

  4. #4
    Gary''s Student

  5. #5
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    re: formulas Conditional data

    Almost...

    Just omit that internal = sign.

    =M2/(K2+(IF(L2>K2,L2-1,L2)))

    If you use a function like IF() inside an expression, you don't need the
    equal sign inside (Excel will complain if you include it.)

    Have a good weekend
    --
    Gary's Student

  6. #6