how can i get a cell to flash or blink

  1. #1
    Lee K
    Guest

    how can i get a cell to flash or blink

    i want to make the balance on my worksheet stand out by flashing, is that
    possible in excel?

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: how can i get a cell to flash or blink

    You might try an OnTime Event procedure to alternately change a cell's
    background color back and forth. But it would not blink very fast.

    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee K
    i want to make the balance on my worksheet stand out by flashing, is that
    possible in excel?
    Hi Lee,
    See if this will help.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.htm

    http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages...ing_Cells.html

    Or something like this, Change for text, color, range, or blinking rate, to suit:

    Public blStop As Boolean
    '------------------------------
    Public Sub Blink()
    'Code from Norman Jones
    Dim rngCell As Range
    Dim rngRegion As Range
    Dim appTime As Double
    If blStop Then Exit Sub
    Set rngRegion = Sheets(1).Range("A1:B10")
    For Each rngCell In rngRegion
    With rngCell
    .Interior.ColorIndex = IIf(.Interior.ColorIndex = 2, 3, 2)
    End With
    Next rngCell
    appTime = Now() + TimeValue("00:00:01")
    Application.OnTime appTime, "Blink"
    End Sub
    '------------------------------
    Public Sub StartIt()
    blStop = False
    Blink
    End Sub
    Public Sub StopIt()
    blStop = True
    End Sub
    Last edited by Desert Piranha; 03-26-2006 at 11:40 PM.
    Thx
    Dave
    "The game is afoot Watson"