merge text from 2 columns into 1 then delete the old 2 columns

  1. #1
    sleepindogg
    Guest

    merge text from 2 columns into 1 then delete the old 2 columns

    I am attempting to combine data from two different columns into one column.
    Then I want to delete the two columns that I took the data from leaving only
    the combined column data. Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: merge text from 2 columns into 1 then delete the old 2 columns

    Hi

    Use the formula:
    =A2&B2
    If you want a space in between use:
    =A2&" "&B2
    You can then fill this down the column as far as needed. Select the column,
    Ctrl+C tocopy, then Edit/Paste Special/Values to paste the values in. Then
    delete your other two columns.

    Take a backup before you start!

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Combine date

    Colum 1 Colum 2 = Colum 3

    Colum 3 = Concatenate Cell (Colum 2) Cell (Colum2) Copy , then Paste Value

    If you want a space between data in C1 and C2

    =Concatenate C1 (space) C2

    cheers

  4. #4
    sleepindogg
    Guest

    Re: merge text from 2 columns into 1 then delete the old 2 columns

    Andy:

    Thank you very much. That was a great help and well appreciated.

    Sleepindogg

  5. #5
    sleepindogg
    Guest

    Re: merge text from 2 columns into 1 then delete the old 2 columns

    Thiem:

    I did the concatenate cell, however, when I deleted the old columns, I lost
    everything. It appears that the function was still working between the
    cells, therefore, when I deleted the old columns, the new columns were also
    lost. Andy sent me a reply that helped me out.

    Thanks anyway, your assistance was appreciated.

    Sleepindogg