Using Cell Variables to Specify Cell Range

  1. #1

    Using Cell Variables to Specify Cell Range

    Hi There,

    I'm looking to make a worksheet as dynamic as possible.

    I want to define a range of ROWS (rows 15 - 30) in table cells (ex: A1= 15 , A2= 30)

    I then want to reference these definitions in a formula like the one below:

    =SUM(COUNTIF(DataWorkSheet!L$15:L$30,$A16)/$B$10)

    Unfortunately I don't know how to reference variables "15" and "30" to make the formula above dynamic. My dream is to input row numbers (range) into cells A1 and A2 and then reference the "VALUES" of these cells in the formula above. Basically, I don't want to hard code "15" and "30" into the formula above.

    Any suggestions? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Ming
    Guest

    RE: Using Cell Variables to Specify Cell Range

    you can use cells(n,"L") n is variable.

  3. #3
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Using Cell Variables to Specify Cell Range

    Please don't multipost - You have a number of answers across different
    groups now, and that really is frowned upon in these groups.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    "jcottam" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Felix
    Guest

    RE: Using Cell Variables to Specify Cell Range

    =SUM(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("DataWorkSheet!L$"&E4&":L$"&E5),$A16)/$B$10)

    In your Worksheet you would set
    where e4=15 and e5=30
    You can also make any other part of the string a variable (i.e. DataWorkSheet)
    Hope this is what you are looking for.
    Felix