SaveAs Dialogue Box

  1. #1
    Tony D
    Guest

    SaveAs Dialogue Box

    Hi, I am trying to save a file to directory. I want the saveas dialogue box
    to pop up with the file name and pathe I specify, but I want the user to be
    able to change the path given that it changes on a monthly basis.

    With Sheets("MissingSTAvg_Corp")
    .SaveAs Filename:= _
    "Q:\Results\March 06\MissingSTAvg_Corp" & InputBox("Please Enter
    Date As MM-DD-YY")
    End With

    The "March 06" will change monthly. Thanks

  2. #2
    Didn't test it but should work:

    First create 2 ranges on your workbook for current_month and current_year

    Sub Test()
    Dim Input_Date as Date
    Dim Current_Month as String
    Dim Current_Day As String

    Current_Month=Range("current_month")
    Current_Year=Range("current_year")

    Input_Date=InputBox("Please Enter Date As MM-DD-YY")

    Sheets("MissingSTAvg_Corp").SaveAs Filename:= _
    "Q:\Results\" & Current_Month & " " & Current_Year & "\MissingSTAvg_Corp" & Input_Date

    End Sub

    Don't forget spaces before and after the & signes.

  3. #3
    Tony D
    Guest

    Re: SaveAs Dialogue Box

    Thanks. I was already familiar with your suggestion. But what I really want
    to do is be able to see the saveas dialog box at the suggested path and then
    let the user change it from the dialog box. I think you can use:

    Application.dialogs(xlDialogSaveas).show but I am not sure how to make it
    open in the suggested directory with the suggested file name already in the
    dialog box. Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Patricia Shannon
    Guest

    Re: SaveAs Dialogue Box

    I think "FileDialog" might do what you want. Look it up in help, and see the
    examples.