I've never used Excel-where do I start?

  1. #1
    Cap Rate
    Guest

    I've never used Excel-where do I start?

    I need to find a beginner's explaination of what Excel does, and how I can
    begin to use it. My my field is commercial real estate. Specifically, I
    need to enter various property prices and loan perameters to see how one
    variable affects other values. As I am digitally challanged, any help would
    be very much appreciated. Thanks!
    PS-My computer has Microsoft Excel 2003

  2. #2
    BigPig
    Guest

    RE: I've never used Excel-where do I start?

    Hi Cap Rate,

    The best way is to 'play' with excel. Experiment adding, subtracting, if
    functions, etc...

    Additionally, there are numerous books and websites available. Books are the
    best. Some math background is very useful too.

    from an experienced 'newbie'.

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: I've never used Excel-where do I start?

    Go to http://www.microsoft.com/Office

    and look at the templates selection on the left side.

    Search on terms associated with your field. Hopefully there will be some
    free templates that you can examine and see how they are used and what
    formulas they use.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    type house price in A1, interest rate in B1, years of loan in C1 and interest paid in D1

    then put 100,000 in A2, 10.00 in B2, 25 in C2

    in D2 you can work out the interest by typing in

    =a2*(B2/100)*c2

    * = multiplied by
    / = divided by

    the brackets mean do this part of the calculation first.