Can I use F4 in Excel 2K to continuously repeat a paste command?

  1. #1
    donmortin
    Guest

    Can I use F4 in Excel 2K to continuously repeat a paste command?

    I have a user who claims she used to be able to copy from one cell, then
    paste to another cell, then in each subsequent cell she could just hit the F4
    key to keep pasting the same info into other cells. For some reason she
    doesn't want to use the Ctrl+V feature.

  2. #2
    Kevin B
    Guest

    RE: Can I use F4 in Excel 2K to continuously repeat a paste command?

    By default the F4 key cycles you through the 4 different type of cell
    references; Absolute, Relative, Absolute Column-Relative Row and Relative
    Column-Absolute Row. Without some kind of 3rd party utility or someone
    writing code to remap the keyboard, I don't know of any other way to modify
    the F4 assignment.
    --
    Kevin Backmann

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Can I use F4 in Excel 2K to continuously repeat a paste command?

    Actually F4 is repeat previous action as well, it will only work as you
    describe with formulas.
    Put 1 in A1:10, select A1, press delete, select A2 and press F4. It's very
    handy at times but also very dangerous if you don't pay attention

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Can I use F4 in Excel 2K to continuously repeat a paste command?

    F4 repeats previous action so it's not the same as Ctrl + V

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Can I use F4 in Excel 2K to continuously repeat a paste command?

    "is repeating"

    Peo

    news:%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    San Francisco Bay Area
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365 Aps for enterprise.
    F4 just re-do the last action performed by the user. She could be right if her last action was PASTE she can keep using last action as PASTE (same thing) in different cells.
    SA