+ Reply to Thread

2 questions

2 questions

Hi all, I am a new person to this website. I am making a form for my company and I need to know a couple of things how can I?

A) Insert square boxes to be used for ticking (as in next to words)

e.g.

monday (tick box)
    tuesday (tick box)

and

B) Make one row a certain height for column a but a different height for column b.

Many thanks

L.Dudley

MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dr38
    Hi all, I am a new person to this website. I am making a form for my company and I need to know a couple of things how can I?

A) Insert square boxes to be used for ticking (as in next to words)

e.g.

monday (tick box)
    tuesday (tick box)

and

B) Make one row a certain height for column a but a different height for column b.

Many thanks

L.Dudley
    Hi There,
    I am assuming this is a form that somebody is filling out, Beside the days of the week you can size you column so the cells apear square, then you could go to borders and put a borders around the cell

If you wanted column A to be smaller, place your mouse at the top right of column A until the mouse cursor turns into two arrows, click on that spot and drag the line to the left making the column smaller

select the cell that needs a box right click on your mouse and select format cells,borders, there you will be able to select the type of borders you want

or
    there is a borders button on your tool bar that will work

to get a cell larger than surounding cells you can highlite two cells and then merge them together

Forum Contributor
    you can either draw a square - use the drawing toolbar OR make the cell equal height and width and make a drop down list (data,validation, list)

Second you cant, BUT you can highlight, say, cells A1 to A3 and merge them, so the top left cell will APPEAR the same height as cells B1 and B2 and B3.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information