explain purpose of {}

  1. #1

    explain purpose of {}

    Hi, i am making some ammendments to a workbook someone else has created, with it some of the sheets make extensive use of formulas that resemble that below, where summ_100 equals a defined range, could someone explain how and why this works. I'm just a bit unsure as i haven't come across {} in excel, have an idea that it may be something to do with arrays.

    {=summ_100}

    The named range is the same dimensions as the range of cells that use the formula.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: explain purpose of {}