How do you get different column sizes in one sheet? Excel 2000

  1. #1
    Margaret
    Guest

    How do you get different column sizes in one sheet? Excel 2000

    Want to have different column sizes on the same page/sheet.
    Anyone help with how to do this in Excel 2000?

  2. #2
    Forum Guru
    Los Angeles, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    WinXP/MSO2007;Win10/MSO2016
    Posts
    12,637

    Re: Resize Columns

    1) Put the cursor on the desired column indicator, "D" for example:
    2) Move cursor slowly to the right until the cross becomes a vertical bar crossed by a double arrowhead.
    3) Left click, hold and drag to the desired width.
    - OR -
    Put the cursor anywhere in the selected column.
    Menubar>Format>column>Width, choose a number, say 25 or more.

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do you get different column sizes in one sheet? Excel 2000

    Margaret

    Individual column widths can be set simply by selecting the column and
    Format>Column>Width or by dragging on the column indicator line.

    If you wish to have different widths in a single column, this is not possible
    without merging cells.

    I hesitate to recommend the merging of cells due to problems that can be caused
    when copying, pasting, sorting and other functions.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP