To Calculate age in a cell

  1. #1
    DHANRAJ
    Guest

    To Calculate age in a cell

    I am entering Date of birth in a cell and i would like to calculate age in
    another cell. how to do about it ?

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: To Calculate age in a cell

    dhanraj, have a look here,

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: To Calculate age in a cell

    If the DOB is in B2, =DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"y") will give you the age.

  4. #4
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,486

    datedif

    Quote Originally Posted by DHANRAJ
    I am entering Date of birth in a cell and i would like to calculate age in
    another cell. how to do about it ?
    =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Y")

    Syntax

    DATEDIF(start_date,end_date,unit)

  5. #5
    DHANRAJ
    Guest

    RE: To Calculate age in a cell

    My DOB is in dd:mm:yy format and when I give the formula I get get a return
    value #VALUE!.

  6. #6
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: To Calculate age in a cell

    I'm not sure I understand. If you've entered a date, the datedif function
    should work. If you've entered TEXT with the :'s etc, you first need to
    convert to true Excel dates:
    =DATE(RIGHT(B2,2),MID(B2,4,2),LEFT(B2,2)) would convert the text string to a
    date (assuming that you've ALWAYS got two chars each for mm, dd and yy).
    So =datedif(DATE(RIGHT(B2,2),MID(B2,4,2),LEFT(B2,2)),today(),"y") would
    conver the text and then calculate the years that have elapsed since then.