renaming worksheet

  1. #1

    renaming worksheet

    Hi all,
    anybody use calendar control to give name to a sheet.
    I use simple VBA like activesheet.name = calendar.value (calendar click renames worksheet), but after I manually rename sheet (right click on sheet tab then rename), next time I click the calendar excell gives me error report: error with method .value on calendar object.
    Anybody had a similar problem?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: renaming worksheet

    Note: you can's use the / date seperator in a sheet name
    Use the format function to use the -

    Is this working for you ?

    ActiveSheet.Name = Format(Calendar1.Value, "mm-dd-yyyy")

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    renaming sheet

    Yes I know that Ron,
    There are something interesting, this VBA code works properly on some computers, but on others don't. I checked if all the references were installed, but nothing helps.
    Thanks a lot anyway, I appreciate your help Ron.
    regards
    Dragan