Question about forumla

  1. #1

    Question about forumla

    I have a cell that needs to change from a % to a $ depending on a validation dropdown list. Once it has been set, I need to be able to tell the difference between the % and the $ in a couple formula's in the same sheet.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Question about forumla

    manesh,

    You could use a formula like:

    =IF(A2="Test",TEXT(A1,"%0.00"),TEXT(A1,"$0,000.00"))

    With a similar test for you further formulas.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    So that works, but how do I have 1 cell where you can put in a number, and have that forumla in it. can I have a place to enter text WITh a formula?