This is my Third Post Please Help !!!!!!

  1. #1
    Need help with sumif
    Guest

    This is my Third Post Please Help !!!!!!

    I need the total to show the SUM everytime I update INCOME & EXPENSE
    Example:
    Total: ______

    A B
    1 Income Expense
    2 $50 -$20
    3 $100 -$10

    P.S.: Everyday someone inputs new DATA

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: This is my Third Post Please Help !!!!!!

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm

    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "Need help with sumif"
    <[email protected]>

  3. #3
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,486

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Need help with sumif
    I need the total to show the SUM everytime I update INCOME & EXPENSE
    Example:
    Total: ______

    A B
    1 Income Expense
    2 $50 -$20
    3 $100 -$10

    P.S.: Everyday someone inputs new DATA
    OK, how about htis?

    Depending on how far down your revenue and expense are going to go, this formula will assume 220 rows so in the cell you want the total enter this formula

    =sum(A1:A223)-sum(B2:B223)

    you can change the range to your needs

  4. #4

    Re: This is my Third Post Please Help !!!!!!

    =sum(a:b)

    Don't put it in column A or B.

  5. #5
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: This is my Third Post Please Help !!!!!!

    If you want to show the sum of income and expense for each row then in C2 put:
    =A2+B2 and copy down.

    If you want to show the sum of income and expense for each column, then in
    A100 put:
    =sum(A2:A99) and in B100 put =sum(B2:B99) to handle 99 entries
    --
    Gary's Student

  6. #6
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,486
    Quote Originally Posted by davesexcel
    OK, how about htis?

    Depending on how far down your revenue and expense are going to go, this formula will assume 220 rows so in the cell you want the total enter this formula

    =sum(A1:A223)-sum(B2:B223)

    you can change the range to your needs
    This formula works if your expenses values are not negative