Printing problems

  1. #1

    Printing problems

    When trying to print a spreadsheet,I set the Page Break Preview lines to one page,then I click on the print preview and the spreadsheet is only 2/3 of the page,I want to be able to spread it out along the entire sheet,but cant figure out how,any suggestions
    Thanks
    Steve

  2. #2
    kassie
    Guest

    RE: Printing problems

    In Print Preview, Click on Setup... Under Page, under the Scaling tab, set
    the Adjust to 100% normal size to say 120%, and OK out back to print preview.
    If not big enough, just increase the % again till you're happy

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Printing problems

    go to the sheet

    Select the area you want printed

    Then do
    File=>printArea=>Set PrintArea

    --
    regards,
    Tom Ogilvy

    "Bigredno8" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Thanks for the replies but neither one worked,here are 2 screenshots,to show my dilema

    http://users.zoominternet.net/~dale38/Images/Image1.jpg my excel file

    http://users.zoominternet.net/~dale38/Images/Image2.jpg this is what is printing out,but I want the file to pretty much cover all the paper,any suggestions

    Thanks
    Steve

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Printing problems

    If there is data below what you show as being printed, then that would be an
    indication that your Print_Area is set to print less than you want.

    with that page as the active page, go to Insert=>Name=>Define.

    Do you see a name Print_Area

    Select it.

    Look at the Refers to Area. That is the area that will print.

    The other possibility is that you are selecting the smaller area, then do
    File=>Print and selecting the selection option button in the print dialog.

    Not part of the problem. but it looks like you are printing Landscape and
    Portrait might be a better fit. In the page setup dialog, you might want to
    select Fit to 1 page wide(s) and <leave blank> Tall