Excel 2003 Formula Issue

  1. #1

    Excel 2003 Formula Issue

    Hi,

    I've created a spreadsheet with multiple workbooks. I've created another workbook at the beginning and started to make up a Contents Summary of the other workbooks by using the =Distribution!B3 type formula.

    The issue is that while most formulas work correctly (Bring back the expected text), there are a couple of cells which only display the actual formula.

    Editting a correctly working formula also has the same affect whereby the formula is shown but no the result.

    What's going on ?

    Thanks,

    Richie.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Could it be that those cells are formatted Text instead of General?

    --

    Quote Originally Posted by richjthorpe

  3. #3
    It doesn't seem to make a difference.

  4. #4

    Re: Excel 2003 Formula Issue

    After you reformat the cell as General (or Number--just not Text)...

    select the cell
    Hit F2 (to edit the cell)
    Hit Enter

    Excel will recognize it as a formula.