Attachment Format

  1. #1
    SueG3001
    Guest

    Attachment Format

    An Excel spreadsheet with background colours on some of the cells was
    attached to an Outlook email that I received. When I opened the attachment
    the cell backgrounds were all white, as its a spreadsheet that doesn't make
    much sense without the colours can anyone help m?. Is there a setting within
    Outlook causing the problem?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert mrice's Avatar
    Surrey, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013
    Posts
    4,967

    Unlikely

    I wouldn't imagine that Outlook could be this clever.

    I would suggest that you ask for the spreadsheet to be checked at source and e-mailed again.

    Martin

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/martin.rice1/

  3. #3
    SueG3001
    Guest

    Re: Attachment Format

    Thanks for your response.

    I contacted the sender and have now received the next monthly spreadsheet
    but the background colours are still not displayed. The sender says they are
    on the copy she attached to the email. Very odd. I am using Excel XP the
    same as the sender, is there a setting in Excel that could cause the problem?

  4. #4
    Forum Expert mrice's Avatar
    Surrey, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013
    Posts
    4,967

    Response

    The spreadsheet isn't been e-mailed in .csv format by any chance? This would give this effect.
    Martin