Hiding the value of a formula if 1 cell has a value of zero.

  1. #1
    Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

    Hiding the value of a formula if 1 cell has a value of zero.

    I have a spreadsheet set up and would like to hide the value of a formula if one cell has a zero value.

    for example...

    A1, value is 0
    A2, value is 22

    A3 (formula) is A1 + A2

    But if A1 is zero, I want A3 to show nothing, how do I do this?

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Hiding the value of a formula if 1 cell has a value of zero.

    =if(A1=0,0,A1+A2)

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Hiding the value of a formula if 1 cell has a value of zero.

    =IF(A1=0,"",A1+A2)
    --
    Gary''s Student

  4. #4
    neda5
    Guest

    RE: Hiding the value of a formula if 1 cell has a value of zero.

    You could probably use an if statement :
    =if(A1=0,"",A1+A2)

    or you could use conditional formatting, depending on what you want to do
    exactly.

    Neda

  5. #5
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: Hiding the value of a formula if 1 cell has a value of zero.

    Hi,
    In A3,

    =IF(A1=0,"",A1+A2)

    Regards,
    Bondi

  6. #6
    Valued Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver

    Thanks everyone, new problem, anyone know why this doesn't work?

    If I'm using this formula...

    =IF(F24="","",F22+F24)

    In cell F26

    and this formula

    =IF(F20="","",F18+F20)

    is in cell F22

    and

    1

    is in cell F24

    I got a #value! error

    Why is this the case when there is indeed a number 1 in cell F24?