Ranking within in ranges

  1. #1
    ah
    Guest

    Ranking within in ranges

    I need a formula that will allow me to rank one column of numbers based on a
    value in another column. e.g. If I have values in column A and countries in
    column B. I want to rank the values by country in other words each country
    will have a #1 etc. also the number of values by each country will be
    different

    thanks

    ah

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    Assuming you have data in rows 2 to 100 use this formula in row 2 and copy down

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A$2:A$100>A2),--(B$2:B$100=B2))+1

  3. #3
    ah
    Guest

    RE: Ranking within in ranges