how do I round numbers in .125 increments

  1. #1
    dave
    Guest

  2. #2
    Peo Sjobom
    Guest

    Re: how do I round numbers in .125 increments

    Increments? Are you rounding up or do you want to round to the nearest
    0.125?

    for the latter

    =ROUND(A1/0.125,0)*0.125

    for the former

    =CEILING(A1,0.125)

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Nothwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Rounding up

    I posted under another topic too but then found this one to more closely match what I'm trying to do.

    I have a formula already in the cells I want to round to the nearest .125

    X is the column I'm wanting to round up, however I already have a formula in X2 which is T2+U2=X2.

    How can I get the whole column formatted for =CEILING(A1,0.125) without loosing my original formula?

  4. #4
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: how do I round numbers in .125 increments

    "caryd" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > I posted under another topic too but then found this one to more closely
    > match what I'm trying to do.
    >
    > I have a formula already in the cells I want to round to the nearest
    > .125
    >
    > X is the column I'm wanting to round up, however I already have a
    > formula in X2 which is T2+U2=X2.
    >
    > How can I get the whole column formatted for =CEILING(A1,0.125) without
    > loosing my original formula?

    =CEILING(T2+U2,0.125)
    but note that this doesn't round to the *nearest* .125, but to the value
    above.

    You may want MROUND() if you want the nearest.
    --
    David Biddulph