Function Needed! Please Help!

  1. #1
    Rashid
    Guest

    Function Needed! Please Help!

    Hello,

    I am trying to create an equation that would automatically pick up the last
    known data point in a range. For example, I have all the months starting from
    Row 3 Column C, and in Row 3 Column 1, I need to create a function that would
    pick up the most recent data point and place it in that cell, C1. So, if
    there was something in March, it would replace February, if there was
    something in July, it would replace June in C1. Please help. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Rashid

    I can't help because I don't understand what you want.

    Could you rewrite your question with more specifics, including which cells hold the various months, what you mean by the latest known data point, how Row 3 Column 1 (i.e.cell A3) relates to the data, what you mean by "if there was something in March" (what is this "something" and where is it stored?), etc.

  3. #3
    Rashid
    Guest

    Re: Function Needed! Please Help!

    Suppose A1 is my final value cell, and B1 - M1 are values for each month from
    Jan -Dec. When I input something in B1 (Jan), it should show up in A1, then
    if I input something in C1 (Feb), it deletes the value in A1 and updates it
    with the value in C1 and so on. Thanks.

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Function Needed! Please Help!

    One way ..

    Put in A1's formula bar, then array-enter the formula
    (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER):

    =INDEX($B1:$IV1,MATCH(TRUE,$B1:$IV1="",0)-1)

    Copy A1 down as required to return correspondingly
    for rows2, 3, ...
    --
    Max
    Singapore