Axis labels on negative values

  1. #1

    Axis labels on negative values

    My chart has positive and negative values. The axis labels appear at the 0 value. How do I move them to the side of the chart.

  2. #2
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Axis labels on negative values

    "gailb14" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > My chart has positive and negative values. The axis labels appear at
    > the 0 value. How do I move them to the side of the chart.

    Format Axis/ Scale/ Value (X or Y) axis crosses at ...
    --
    David Biddulph

  3. #3
    My chart has -10 -5 0 5 10
    The labels are at the 0. I must not understand your instructions
    Value Y axis crosses at category (1)
    Value Y axis crosses between categories (checked)
    Value Y axis crosses at maximum category (checked)

    This is not working

  5. #5
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Axis labels on negative values

    Hi,

    You will find instructions here,
    http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip002.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    gailb14 wrote:
    > My chart has positive and negative values. The axis labels appear at
    > the 0 value. How do I move them to the side of the chart.

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  6. #6
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Axis labels on negative values

    "gailb14" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > My chart has -10 -5 0 5 10
    > The labels are at the 0. I must not understand your instructions
    > Value Y axis crosses at category (1)
    > Value Y axis crosses between categories (checked)
    > Value Y axis crosses at maximum category (checked)
    >
    > This is not working

    I don't know what sort of chart you're using. You may find that XY scatter
    gives you more flexibility.
    --
    David Biddulph