If function

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Yvonne
    Guest

    If function

    Please help; I have an IF Function that contains a formula if "true". I am
    trying to use the if "true" answer in another formula. Can this be done?
    1st IF Function (in cell F5): =IF((C4>1),SUM(C4-D5),"")
    2nd Formula(in cell H5): =sum(h4+F5)
    The sum(C4-C5) in cell F5 needs to be added to H4. Can this be done?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    That's certainly feasible but you probably only need

    in F5

    =IF(C4>1,C4-D5,"")

    and in H5

    =SUM(H4,F5)

  3. #3
    Yvonne
    Guest

    Re: If function

    WOW! That worked great. I guess I was trying to make it to complicated.
    What if I wanted the value in H5 to show if there is a value in F5? Your
    good Thank you!