How do I get a combo box to calculate percentages in Excel?

  1. #1
    Pattid175
    Guest

    How do I get a combo box to calculate percentages in Excel?

    Spreadsheet has a series of columns --
    Column A (Salary), Column B (employer contribution), Column C (employee
    contribution containing 11 different perentages), Column D (total
    contribution -- equals B & C)
    The combo box has a list of percentages to calculate a total for column C,
    but I can't get it to work. What formula or macro do I need to use? I am
    using Excel 2000.

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,486
    In Column D you can use your formula something like =B1*C1 depending on how you have written your values for your percentages or =B1+(B1*C1)

  3. #3
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,486
    Are you using a combo box from the controll tool box or are you using a drop down list from data validation, Maybe you could use a lookup formula instead if you wanted the percentages to calculate automatically, what would your conditions be

  4. #4
    Pattid175
    Guest

    Re: How do I get a combo box to calculate percentages in Excel?

    I'm using a combo box from the control tool box, which has to be used because
    this part is a homework assignment. I've been trying to get this to work for
    5 days now. The formulas for cell B and C are independent of each other, but
    the sum total would be in column D.

  5. #5
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina