Round near to Zero

  1. #1
    Tiya
    Guest

    Round near to Zero

    hi
    I want to round of near to zero. i.e.

    If there is a qty * Rate = amt
    456*89=40584 than i want to round of like 40580 i want to make last digit
    0(zero)
    Is any help

    Thanks in Advance.

    Tiya

  2. #2
    tjtjjtjt
    Guest

    RE: Round near to Zero

    =ROUND(qty * Rate,-1)

    --
    tj

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Round near to Zero

    =ROUND(value,-1)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Round near to Zero

    Assuming I've understood the question properly

    =ROUND(YourFormula,-1)

    Will round to multiples of 10

  5. #5
    Allow me to hijack your thread slightly.
    Is there a way to make Excel NOT round? I'm having trouble with this end of things.
    Please and Thank you
    JB

  6. #6

    Re: Round near to Zero

    Excel NEVER rounds unless told to, BUT the cell may display a rounded
    value if formatted that way - perhaps I've misunderstood the post
    though!

  7. #7

    Thumbs up

    Ahh. So it doesn't. I am re-working a document created by someone else, I figured out the setting though under Format Cells > Numbers. But thanks for your time and input
    JB

  8. #8
    xlbo
    Guest

    Re: Round near to Zero

    Excel always rounds if values are held to more dp than are shown
    Use the INT function to stop excel rounding automatically - this will cut
    off numbers at the dp so be careful with it as sums may not add up !!
    --
    Rgds, Geoff

    "A crash reduces
    Your expensive computer
    To a simple stone"

  9. #9
    Heather Heritage
    Guest

    Re: Round near to Zero

    Unless you can justify this, no it doesn't!!! It DISPLAYS to those number of
    DP, but it doesn't round!
    news:[email protected]...