If/Then Forumla to create blank cell???

  1. #1

    If/Then Forumla to create blank cell???

    I have a basic order form spreadsheet. There is a formula in cell G22 that calculates the purchase amount (quantity x Unit Price or specifically =A22*F22).

    I need to copy it into the appropriate cells for items that aren't listed in row 22.

    It would, of course, be easy to just copy the formula down column G - but then the Rows without an item in them would produce a $0.00 and I do not want that $0.00 to show up. I only want it to show up if there is a value greater than $0.00 in the cell.

    Can you write an IF THEN statement that puts blanks in the G Column Cells that have no items in them, and print the amount in the rows that do have items in them. If its not an If Then statemtn - then how do i make this occur??

    I attached a jpeg of the area i am trying to work w/

    tHANKS!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    William Horton
    Guest

    RE: If/Then Forumla to create blank cell???

    =IF(ISBLANK(A22),"",A22*F22)

    The above formula will work.

    Bill Horton

  3. #3
    MartinW
    Guest

    Re: If/Then Forumla to create blank cell???

    Alternatively you can suppress zero values.

    To do this go to:
    Tools>Options>View tab and uncheck "zero values"

    HTH
    Martin

  4. #4
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: If/Then Forumla to create blank cell???

    On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:55:20 -0500, gmh
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have a basic order form spreadsheet. There is a formula in cell G22
    >that calculates the purchase amount (quantity x Unit Price or
    >specifically =A22*F22).
    >
    >I need to copy it into the appropriate cells for items that aren't
    >listed in row 22.
    >
    >It would, of course, be easy to just copy the formula down column G -
    >but then the Rows without an item in them would produce a $0.00 and I
    >do not want that $0.00 to show up. I only want it to show up if there
    >is a value greater than $0.00 in the cell.
    >
    >Can you write an IF THEN statement that puts blanks in the G Column
    >Cells that have no items in them, and print the amount in the rows that
    >do have items in them. If its not an If Then statemtn - then how do i
    >make this occur??
    >
    >I attached a jpeg of the area i am trying to work w/
    >
    >tHANKS!!

    Or a third option, use Conditional Formatting and set the font colour
    to the same colour as the cell if the cell is zero.

    Spoilt for choice now :-)

    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
    __________________________

  5. #5
    MartinW
    Guest

    Re: If/Then Forumla to create blank cell???

    Some might say sneaky!! Some might even say cheating!!
    Me, I say BRILLIANT!!

  6. #6
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: If/Then Forumla to create blank cell???

    Hi

    "MartinW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Some might say sneaky!! Some might even say cheating!!
    > Me, I say BRILLIANT!!

    But, when p.e. you calculate average from this range, such 'hidden' 0's are
    taken fully into account (the same for unchecking zero values).

    Arvi Laanemets