Summing all BUT one...

  1. #1

    Summing all BUT one...

    My problem is:

    I like to sum all the numbers in a column exept the last post... The problem is that I will be adding numbers so the column will become longer and longer but its always the last post dont want to add to the sum.

    Any one who can help me? (and who understands my problem)

    //Peter F

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Summing all BUT one...

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =IF(COUNT(A:A),SUM(A:A)-LOOKUP(9.9999999999999E+307,A:A),"")

    Biff

    "popunonkok" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks but that lead to a different question. Cant my Excel read english code because I got a Swedish version? For example the function SUM is SUMMA in Sweden. Excel gives me a error message with that code.

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Summing all BUT one...

    Sorry, I can't help translate.

    There are a couple of regulars here that could probably do it but they would
    have to see this thread.

    Can you access this group:

    microsoft.public.nl.office.excel

    Or start a new post with a subject line of: translate formula to Swedish (or
    something like that)

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Summing all BUT one...

    I am Swedish, here are the 2 not mentioned by the OP

    COUNT = ANTAL
    LOOKUP = LETAUPP

    also note that commas are replaced by semicolons ;

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Summing all BUT one...

    >I am Swedish

    I had you in mind!

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    First off, thanks for all the help...

    But theres still something wrong, Peo S can you see whats wrong with this? Its far to advanced for me...

    =OM(ANTAL(A:A);SUMMA(A:A)-LETAUPP(9.9999999999999E+307;A:A);"")

    It sucks that I have to translate the code when I get loads of help here...

    The code is for a doc that calculates how much fule my car "drinks"...

    Thanks once again...