Excel function button in spreadsheet

  1. #1
    Thinkpad21
    Guest

    Excel function button in spreadsheet

    Sorry, not very efficient in Excel, but have the following problem :

    When clicking on a function button on an existing excel sheet, it tells me
    "file could not be found, check the spelling of the file name, and verify
    that the file location is correct...

    The file name it gives me is an older version of the same file with a
    different name, how can I change this or remove this error...

    Thanks !!!

  2. #2
    It sounds like someone else wrote the code for that function button, so I recommend you to contact that person to make the change. If there is no way to contact the person, you can try to open the VBA Editor and try to find the code controls that button, where you can make that change. Again if you don't know VBA I don't recommend that. You can open VBA Editor with Alt+F11 shortcut.

  3. #3
    Puppet_Sock
    Guest

    Re: Excel function button in spreadsheet

    Thinkpad21 wrote:
    > Sorry, not very efficient in Excel, but have the following problem :
    >
    > When clicking on a function button on an existing excel sheet, it tells me
    > "file could not be found, check the spelling of the file name, and verify
    > that the file location is correct...
    >
    > The file name it gives me is an older version of the same file with a
    > different name, how can I change this or remove this error...

    Is it a Form button? If so, you should be able to right click on
    the button, then choose Assign Macro and change what gets
    run when you click.
    Socks