Macro Security Drop Down

  1. #1
    Mike S
    Guest

    Macro Security Drop Down

    -Running Excel 2000 with Win XP Pro
    -Recently had to reformat and since Office 2000 was an upgrade, loaded
    Office 97 then loaded 2k.
    -Problem: The security tab is not even in the macro menu drop down so I
    cannot change macro security.
    -I am the only user on this computer, and am signed on as the administrator.
    -Norton AV script blocking off/on has no effect.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Just a guess, but in
    C:\Documents and Settings\-your name-\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
    is a .xlb file, with Excel closed, rename that to *.xl97 and re-open Excel 2003

    or from the Start - select Run
    Excel.exe /regserver

    and let me know if this helps.

    --

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S

  3. #3
    Mike S
    Guest

    Re: Macro Security Drop Down

    That did it, but is there a way to combine the two Excel.xlb files so I don't
    lose all my custom toolbars & buttons? Some of the buttons go back to XL95.
    Or, will I have to manually redo them all?

    Thanks for your help.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    If they go back to XL95 then I would reccommend a re-do, and if possible setup as a macro, this way you can re-set them should you have a need to remove the .xlb file to reset Defaults in the future.