Auto Filter Not working

  1. #1
    beata
    Guest

    Auto Filter Not working

    I have a worksheet that has an auto filter.

    Every now and again... it "stops" working. AS IF there was an empty row
    amidst the data. But there is not (I promise.)

    When I go into the advanced filter .. I can see that the "range" is limited
    down to only.. e.g., row 1061. I can change the range to either row 6000...
    or to select all of the columns (rather than state a range) and then put back
    the autofilter and it works.

    but it will happen again in a bit.

    Has anyone ever had this.. bug - I mean feature?

  2. #2

    Smile

    Hello,
    autofilter in excel only show the first 1000 entry/rows in a worksheet. thats why you dont see all the data when drop down the autofilter.
    You may visit http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html to further infos how to solve this problem

  3. #3
    beata
    Guest

    Re: Auto Filter Not working

    Thanks. We'll see. This morning when I went in - it was limited to only the
    first 299 rows (i.e., looked funky.. and when I looked at the advanced filter
    (which is my current method for "fixing" -it reflected that the range was
    limited to an upper limit of 299 rows).

    The worksheet is used by many.. so I suppose it's possible that it had a
    larger range and then rows were deleted.. but every time I go in.. I redefine
    the range to 35,000 or 50,000 so I wouldn't think that would happen. But
    I'll keep an eye on it.

    I also followed your link.. and I may try some of those hints/tricks too.
    thanks,
    beata