How do I set up a formula using same field in pivot table?

  1. #1
    Kevin @ P3
    Guest

    How do I set up a formula using same field in pivot table?

    Here is my Pivot Table dilema:
    Fields:
    "Employee" "Total Vacation" "Vac Reported" Caculates = "Remain Vac"
    This part works at this level as I add item formula: Total Vacation - Vac
    Reported
    However, when I add a location to the line, the formula returns a result for
    each employee for each location instead of that employees location.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    is there some reason that you can't do the calculation on the worksheet instead of as a calculated field?

  3. #3
    Kevin @ P3
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a formula using same field in pivot table?

    This is a recurring report and needs to be flexible enough to allow dept.
    managers to look at only thier data. The formatting etc. gets lost once you
    start selecting my location.