email hyperlinks

  1. #1

    email hyperlinks

    Hi all, hope somebody can help me with this:
    I have a list of names with a column for email adresses. I've tried to format this column so that it displays black and without underline, yet still links to email. Unfortunately now any new email addresses in the column no longer function automatically and I would have to link each new entry manually (100s) . Please, can you tell me how to correct this?
    Thanks,
    Alisa

  2. #2

    Re: email hyperlinks

    You can get rid of the hyperlinks using something like this:

    Select the range to clean up (ctrl-a a few times will select all the cells)
    hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE)
    hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
    type this and hit enter:

    selection.hyperlinks.delete

    ====
    Changing the format won't remove the links (as you've seen).

    If you ever need to use those email addresses as links, you could use a helper
    column and a formula like:

    =hyperlink(a1,"Click me")
    or
    =hyperlink("mailto:"&a1,"click me")