Need Help: Summing Multiple Criteria

  1. #1
    philippines

    Need Help: Summing Multiple Criteria

    I need to sum different criterias. I have three columns. A, B, and C.

    Sample

    1234 1235 20
    1235 1231 15
    1236 1236 10

    I need the formula to match the data in column B to column A. If it match, the formula must total the amount in column C.

    I hope someone can help me with this.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    T Duquette
    Guest

    RE: Need Help: Summing Multiple Criteria

    If I am reading the request correctly you would only have one result where
    1236 = 1236. In that case, you would need an IF formula. =IF(B4=A4,C4,0).
    This states that if the amount in column B equals column A take the column C
    value. If it does not use 0 value. You can change 0 value to anything you
    would like, if you would like words replace 0 with "words"

  3. #3
    philippines
    Nope, its not exactly like that

    I'll rephrase my question. I think I'm a bit off in my first post.

    There will be 2 sheet now to make it much clearer. Sheet1 and Sheet2

    In sheet1, the data are the Serial No. and Amount like so:

    1235 10
    1236 20
    1230 30

    In sheet2, the data are serial no only, like so:

    I need to sum all the amount that will match in sheet2

    like for my example sheet will match with 1230 and 1236, so the results should be 50.

    I've been trying a lot of formulas, and it's confusing me. I hope you can help me with this one. This one is a challenge.

    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by T Duquette

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Need Help: Summing Multiple Criteria

    If you want a single cell to contain the sum from column C of all
    corresponding matches between A and B in rows 1 to 100 (for example),
    you can use this formula:

    =SUM(IF((A1:A100=B1:B100),C1:C100,0))

    It is an array formula, which means that once you have typed it in (or
    subsequently edit it) you have to use CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER instead of just
    ENTER. If you do this correctly then Excel will wrap curly braces { }
    around the formula - you must not type these yourself.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  5. #5
    philippines
    It's still not working, the results should be 50

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Need Help: Summing Multiple Criteria

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Sheet1!A1:A10,Sheet2!A1:A3,0))),Sheet1!B1:B10)

    Bob Phillips

    "japorms" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  7. #7