Worksheet Sum Question

  1. #1

    Smile Worksheet Sum Question

    The boss has a Excel file that has 20 to 40 sheets depending on the work load. One sheet is named "totals" . All the other sheets have unique names that have the total for that sheet in F32. The totals sheet has =sum in F32 that sums all the sheets in the workbook. When sheets are added or deleted it is a manual process. Any ideas on automating this process to get totals?

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Sum Question

    The best way would be to have a hidden sheet called "Start" that
    comes before your data worksheets and another hidden sheet called
    "End" that comes after all your data worksheets. Then use the
    formula

    =SUM(Start:End!F32)

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet Sum Question

    one way:

    Create two blank sheets, named, say, First and Last, with First on the
    left and Last on the right. Place all the sheets to be totaled between
    them.

    Then use

    =SUM(First:Last!F32)

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    Thanks for the great replies! Chip must have worked with my boss because he will find a way to mess it up. The hidden sheets are very good ideas.