IF function for multiple answers?

  1. #1

    IF function for multiple answers?

    In Sheets 1-8 I have calendars for different people w/ 8 on days they have off

    In Sheet9 I have in Column A days 1-31
    In column B I have: =IF(Carlos!B3=8,"Carlos")

    My problem/question is can I use the IF function to get multiple answers? If Carlos and Jim both have the same day off, what function would I use?

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Dragon Reborn
    Guest

    RE: IF function for multiple answers?

    =IF(AND(Carlos!B3=8,Jim!B3=8),"Carlos and Jim","")

    you can use multiple if statements they go like this:

    =IF(Condition,what to do if True,IF(Condition,What to do if True,What to do
    if False))

    Have a look at the Excel Help under function AND

    Hope this helps

    --
    "Twice and twice shall he be marked,
    twice to live and twice to die.

  3. #3
    I tried the formula:

    =IF(AND(Carlos!B3=8,Jim!B3),"Carlos & Jim","")

    which works if both carlos and jim have 8, but what if just carlos or just jim has 8?

    I have 6 people that I need to include in a formula, where there could be nobody w/ 8 to all 6 could have 8 or a variety of the 6. How would I do this and what formula would I use? I've been searching around and can't find a solution. Your help appreciated!!

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor

    IF function for multiple answers?

    hi!

    always read original post!

    -via135

    Quote Originally Posted by fastballfreddy