Mind Gone Blank!!

  1. #1
    SantaUK
    Guest

    Mind Gone Blank!!

    My wife has asked me to create a sheet that will give her the following
    info.

    She works in a store with a number of checkouts. The sheet will have all
    her staff start times and finish times. This will be inputted every day.
    Excel will then create another sheet that will show the time of the day at
    30 min intervals how many checkout staff is on at that time. Nothing too
    fancy, I have been sitting here for two hours trying to figure this one out.
    I have a screenshot of the info if anyone wants it if I'm not clear enough.

    newsgroup @ mmillar . co . uk

    delete the spaces to reply!

    thanks folks

    --
    Regards

    M Millar

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Vancouver

    Number of staff on duty

    Try this:

    Column A: Name
    Column B: Start Time
    Column C: End Time
    Column D, Row 1 8:00
    Column D, Row 2 8:30

    Column D, Row 3 =AND(D$1>=$B3,D$2<=$C3)

    Column D, Row 100: =Countif(D3:D99,"=TRUE")

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Mind Gone Blank!!

    With Start Times in Sheet1 A2:M2, End Times in Sheet1 A3:M3 and with times
    in Sheet2 A2:A50 try:

    =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!$A$2:$M$2<=A2)*(Sheet1!$A$3:$M$3>=A2))

    But if your wife works in a 24 hour supermarket then you will have trouble
    with midnight so I suggest that you enter midnight times as 0:01 and 23:59

    Sandy

    [email protected]
    [email protected] with @tiscali.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    SantaUK
    Guest

    Re: Mind Gone Blank!!

    Cheers guys - Specially to the Captain, as I've now got it working. And
    thanks for the pointer on the 24 hour - though she has just moved out of one
    to a "days only" store!

    --
    Regards

    M Millar