Active Cell Copy And Paste Sheet to Sheet

  1. #1
    A.R.J Allan Jefferys
    Guest

    Active Cell Copy And Paste Sheet to Sheet

    Hello There
    Could Someone show me how i can create a macro to copy the activecell from,
    I am only working with column 1,but up to row 60 . So if I select "a2" on
    sheet 2 so the macro would need to look at sheet 1 "a2" and copy the contents
    to sheet2 "a2" or whichever cell I select upto row 60

    I hope this makes some sense to you

    Many Thanks Allan

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor mudraker's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,983
    Allen

    Try

    Option Explicit

    Sub CopyRows()
    If ActiveCell.Row > 60 Then Exit Sub
    Sheets("sheet1").Rows(ActiveCell.Row & ":60").Copy
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    End Sub

  3. #3
    A.R.J Allan Jefferys
    Guest

    Re: Active Cell Copy And Paste Sheet to Sheet

    Hello Mudraker

    and thanks for the reply.

    This works well, but if possible i need it to run activecell by cell, See
    this is a bookin sheet, so when a guest books in today and he wants to book
    another night in a12. So i select a12 on sheet2 and the form selects a12 on
    sheet 1 and copies only the contents of that cell or row. This form will have
    31 sheets ,but will only ever look at the sheet before it.

    Does this make sense
    thanks again Allan

  4. #4
    Valued Forum Contributor mudraker's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,983
    Allen

    I hope I understand correctly what you are after

    This macro uses the sheet.index function
    I have assumed that you have your sheets in order from left (sheet1) to right sheet31

    Sub CopyRows()
    If ActiveSheet.Index =1 Then Exit Sub
    If ActiveCell.Row > 60 Then Exit Sub
    Sheets(ActiveSheet.Index - 1).Rows(ActiveCell.Row).Copy
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    End Sub

    If they are in the reverse order then use

  5. #5
    A.R.J Allan Jefferys
    Guest

    Re: Active Cell Copy And Paste Sheet to Sheet

    mudraker

    You have hit it on the head, and i am greatful.
    thankyou very much

    Allan