column copying and saving

  1. #1

    column copying and saving

    Im wondering if there is an easy way to copy select columns
    D, E, H, I to columns A, B, C, D to another workbook (E to A)

    Then I have to filter by name in column A of new workbook and save a file for each name. Is there a way to automate this procedure?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Re: column copying and saving

    You could have a macro do the work for you.

    You may want to try Ron de Bruin's Easyfilter:
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

    Or look at the way Debra Dalgleish does it:

    Debra's site:

    Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
    separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
    automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

    or

    Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
    Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
    AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor mudraker's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,983
    It is possible to do what you want by a macro.

    the data you copy from the master workbook is it to contain only the data for the one name to a new workbook and that new workbook saved with a file name based on that name.

    Or do you want all the information from the master book to be saved to each new book withh only the rows visible that = the one name.