Formula Help

  1. #1

    Formula Help

    I recently have recently started using Excell to keep track of things in my side job as a video game reviewer, and have encountered a problem. I need to find a way for Excel to sort through a list of 60 (the numbers are not 1-60, there is just 60 total numbers) numbers and assign a name to them in groups of 12. The numbers are not in order. So in other words, lets say the list was literally the numbers 1-60; I want it to look for any numbers that fall within 1-12 and name them "Group A", look for any numbers that fall within 13-24 and name them "Group B", and so on and so forth. Any Help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Formula Help

    This formula in the cell next to a number cell would do it:
    =IF(A1<=12,"Group A","Group B")
    ....where A1 contains a number from 1-24.

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Formula Help

    Try this:

    =IF(RANK(A1,$A$1:$A$60,1)<=12,"Group A",IF(RANK(A1,$A$1:$A$60,1)<=24,"Group
    B",IF(RANK(A1,$A$1:$A$60,1)<=36,"Group C",IF(RANK(A1,$A$1:$A$60,1)<=48,"Group
    D","Group E"))))

    HTH,
    Elkar