how to remove #DIV/0!

  1. #1
    kuansheng
    Guest

    how to remove #DIV/0!

    Hi Guys,

    I am trying to apply division on two cell and sometimes i will have 0
    in both cell which will result in a 0 divided by 0 which excel will
    prompt an error #DIV/0! . Snyone could advice me how can I replace the
    error message with a 0 instead of #DIV/0!. What i am trying to get is
    whenever there is a zero divide by a zero the result will show a zero
    instead of #DIV/0! Thsnk you.

    regards,
    kuansheng

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: how to remove #DIV/0!

    Hi!

    One way:

    =IF(ISERROR(A1/B1),0,A1/B1)

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    kuansheng
    Guest

    Re: how to remove #DIV/0!

    Thanks Biff. That very helpful...

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: how to remove #DIV/0!

    Another way:

    =IF(B1=0,0,A1/B1)

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  5. #5
    kuansheng
    Guest

    Re: how to remove #DIV/0!

    Thanks Pete. I tried both method they work like a charm. Learn
    something new. Thanks

  6. #6
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: how to remove #DIV/0!

    Biff's method traps all errors and returns a zero instead of the error
    message, whereas my method specifically avoids the #DIV/0 error, as you
    requested. If A1 contained some text, then you would get the error
    message #VALUE if you used my formula - just different approaches.

    Pete

  7. #7
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    ...or...

    =IF(B1,A1/B1,0)

  8. #8
    kuansheng
    Guest

    Re: how to remove #DIV/0!

    Thanks I have tried both method work great. Million thanks.

    kuansheng