need help with expression

  1. #1
    Peterpunkin
    Guest

    need help with expression

    How would I express the following: " if the cell to the left has N/A in it,
    place N/A in this cell also, otherwise do nothing"
    very grateful for your assistance

  2. #2

    here you go

    Hi Mate,

    Copy this formula into cell G19, assuming that F19 contains #N/A

    =IF(F19="#N/A","#N/A","")

    Thanks
    gazzr

  3. #3
    Peterpunkin
    Guest

    Re: need help with expression

    I have 15,000 other rows that contain numbers which are a function of the
    cell to their left that I need to not change. I am looking for an entry I
    can apply to the whole column that will only change this formula when it
    finds an N/A in the cell to the left but otherwise do nothing.
    sorry if I was not clear, i'm obviously kind of new at this.

  4. #4
    Hi again,

    How about:

    =IF(F19="#N/A",INSERT YOUR FORMULA HERE,"OR DO NOTHING?")

    I'm new at this too so dont worry. If that's no good maybe post an example of what you want to acheive. Seeing an example of what you want to achieve might help get my brain into gear!

    Regards
    Gazzr

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: need help with expression

    For example, in G2

    =IF(ISNA(G1),G1,"")

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Dominic
    Guest

    Re: need help with expression

    I'm a little confused.

    Does the example below match your data?

    A B C
    value value value
    value value value
    value n/a ???
    value value value

    Where column C has a formula based on column B.

    You would like column C to show N/A when column B shows N/A.

    If so, what does column C show now when column B is n/a?

    What is the formula in column C?