averageif

  1. #1

    averageif

    Is there an equivalent to sumif for average, i.e. averageif? If not, do you know of any simple solutions?

    I was thinking of creating a separate row to hold the relevant data subset. Using an if statement, I would blank out ("") all the values from the original data set not needed for the average calculation. And then just calculate the average on the new data subset. I figured, however, that there was probably a more desirable way to do this. Any help is appreciated.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: averageif

    =AVERAGE(IF(rng1=condition,rng2))

    which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
    just Enter.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...