Index Match Vlookup or something else

  1. #1

    Index Match Vlookup or something else

    Hi in column H I have an account code # (5 digits), in column b I have an account code number followed by a description of the account code.

    What I want is a formula in column j that lets me know if the account code # is somewhere in my b column or if it is a new account code that I will have to insert into my b column. A simple "yes" or "no" would let me know.

    I think this has to do with index or match or maybe even vlooikup?

    Can anyone help me with this one?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jim May
    Guest

    RE: Index Match Vlookup or something else

    Try:

    =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(B3:B100,5)=H3)),"AcctFound","AcctNotFound")
    in your column J - Cell J3

    HTH