Best way to calculate employee attendance

  1. #1
    Hanr3
    Guest

    Best way to calculate employee attendance

    Looking for the best way to calculate employee attendance based on when they
    log in and out for the day. It has to compare to the employees start/end time
    for each day of the week. Any suggestions?
    --
    Life is an adventure, are you living it?

    These are just my opinions, please feel free to correct them if they are
    wrong.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert mrice's Avatar
    Surrey, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2013
    Posts
    4,967

    Response

    Is it as simple as subtracting one time from the other or am I missing the point?
    Martin

  3. #3
    Hanr3
    Guest

    Re: Best way to calculate employee attendance

    How do you subtract when the shift rolls over from one day to the next?

  4. #4
    Hanr3
    Guest

    RE: Best way to calculate employee attendance

    Thanks mrice for your help. I found a site via another thread that seems to
    have all my answers. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#WorkHours

    thansk for the help.