How can I make the names for Sheet tabs a reference to a cell?

  1. #1
    PDS
    Guest

    How can I make the names for Sheet tabs a reference to a cell?

    I want the tab names in my workbook to be cell references. If it is a Macro
    function I will need the formula.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    San Francisco Bay Area
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365 Aps for enterprise.
    PDS,

    This formula gets your sheet name in cell A1:

    =MID(CELL("Filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("Filename",A1))+1,255)

    Syed

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: How can I make the names for Sheet tabs a reference to a cell?

    This may help:

    Sub Macro1()
    Sheets(1).Select
    Sheets(1).Name = Cells(1, 1).Value
    End Sub

    This tiny macro will set the name of the tab equal to the value in cell A1,
    for the first tab..

    It can be easily modified to loop over all tabs, use different cells, etc.
    --
    Gary''s Student