Conditional Fomatting >3 in code

  1. #1

    Red face Conditional Fomatting >3 in code

    Hi need a bit of help coding the equivalent to conditional formatting, need to check a block of cells for certain values and format the colour if the condition is true – think it would be ok for the range to be by columns - the rows are variable but I can make the columns static.
    Simple conditions all based on the text in the cell. i.e. =”VRF” then colour yellow. etc, problem is I need to specify this for about 12 different instances.
    Have tried some of the code in the forums, but having problems with it running.
    Tried using this code from one of the threads but being a bit thick on actually putting the code in the right place, this is all the macro needs to do.
    I created a new macro and ended up with the below, but not sure what to do with the top few lines to set the macro up correctly.
    Tried a few variations, i.e.

    Please can anyone advise where I am going wrong and perhaps explain a resolution to me!

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor mudraker's Avatar
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,983
    Nuttychick

    You was so close

    This needs to go in the worksheet Module
    Right Click on thew Sheet name tab
    Select View Code
    Paste the following into the worksheet module

    Option Explicit

    'turn event trigger off whilst macro running
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    With Target
    If .Column = 4 Then
    Select Case .Value
    Case 0 To 2.99
    .EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 4
    Case 3 To 5.99
    .EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
    Case 6 To 9.99
    .EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 39
    Case 10 To 14.99
    .EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 41
    Case Is >= 15
    .EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 3
    Case Else
    .EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 0
    End Select
    End If
    'turn event trigger back on
    Application.EnableEvents = True
    End With
    End Sub

  3. #3

    Red face Next step

    ok - so have played around a bit and now have the following - which works when you type new values into the sheet.
    However I would like to be able to paste in updated data and for the sheet to automatically format.

    I can do this with individual cells, but if I try to copy and paste more than one cell I get Datatype mismatch.

    Anyone know what I need to do to allow me to copy and paste a whole spreadsheet of new information in, and for the sheet to accept it and automatically update with formatting???

  4. #4
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Fomatting >3 in code

    Sounds like you need setstyle by Lee Mosqueda
    (http://www.geocities.com/lee_m2/addins.html). He hasn't published the Excel
    version of it yet. I'll try to contact him and see if he's OK with it being
    released.