Conditional Calculations???????

  1. #1
    Alabama

    Conditional Calculations???????

    Ok, here is the deal. I have 3 columns. In the first column I have description. In middle column i have charges for items in the other column i have type of item.

    Description ------ Price --- Type
    Summary ---------$12.00 -- S
    Carbon Copies --- $5.00 --- J
    Diskettes ---------$10.00 -- S
    Pens----------------$4.00 --- S
    Table of Contents--$2.00 --- J
    Mathematics C --- $24.00---- J

    Everything with a J needs to be added together and everything with an S need to be added together. SumIf doesn't seem to be the solution unless I simply don't know what I'm doing--which is likely.

    How can i do this?

    thanks!

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Calculations???????

    SUMIF should work - try this:

    =SUMIF(C$2:C$100,"S",B$2:B$100), and
    =SUMIF(C$2:C$100,"J",B$2:B$100)

    These assume items to row 100 - adjust as necessary.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    JethroUK©
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Calculations???????

    you could try an array formula

    =SUM((C2:C7="S")* B2:B7)

    you need to enter this by CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Alabama
    Great! Thanks Guys! That helped!