Row and Column Headings

  1. #1

    Row and Column Headings

    Please can someone help. Excel books and microsoft.com don't seem to have any clues to the answer.

    In the page setup I have set columns to repeat at left $A:$D

    The text in cells B57, B58 and B60 shows across columns A:P but no cells are merged

    When I print the 1st page all the text shows but when the second page prints it will only show the text that spans acrosss cells A:D

    Is there anyway this can be resolved I have tried merging the cells (B57:P57) but the text still does not print on the second page.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Row and Column Headings

    This is a problem area. Excel really doesn't provide an answer for this.
    The one time this was a big issue for me I wrote a macro which copied each
    'page' of the report to a new worksheet in a temporary 'print' workbook. So
    say I would be printing 5 pages. The macro created a new workbook with 5
    worksheets and copied the left titles to each. Then it copied columns C-H
    to sheet 1, I to M to sheet 2, etc. finally I printed the entire workbook
    and closed it unsaved.

    There were even issues with this, like underutilizing the space on each
    page, but it sort of worked. I haven't heard of a better way but I'm all
    ears.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

    http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=601

  3. #3
    Jim

    Many thanks for the help. I have moved the data to columns further over and asked a couple of developers to have a look a the 'feature' so if they come back with anything I will be sure to let you know.